e-Suvidha provides a one stop interface to
citizen to interact with government departments. In Our day-to-day life, a
citizen has to spend a lot of time and energy in commuting from one place to
anther for various tasks, many of which are concerned with government
departments. For example, a citizen has to go to;
- a railway station for buying tickets;
- electricity office for paying bills;
- BSNL office for paying telephone bills;
- Jal sansthan for paying water tax and sewer
- Collectorate for receiving caste and income
- Nagar nigam paying house tax and to get
- Development authority's office for applying
for a housing project etc.
Besides the time taken and the
energy spent in commuting, the citizen has to incur cost for commuting, besides
the cost incurred as a result of loss of time. However, more commuting and
investment of one's time may not bring him or her close to the desired results
easily, as the procedures involved are complicated. Considering these aspect, it
was felt that it would be become extremely convenient for the citizen if instead
of commuting to various government offices, one could get all the relevant
information and services at or near one's door steps through a Single Window
Clearances from e-Suvidha Kendras. Started on pilot basis in Lucknw in August,
2006, at present there are 31 such centers in Lucknow. The vision of e-Suvidha
project so as to obviate the need for citizens and business people to visit the
Government offices except for specialized and complex services. The following
services are presently being offered at all the locations:
Electricity Bill Payment
Payment of Water Tax for Jal
Payment of House Tax for
Payment of House Installments
Railway Ticketing Service.
BSNL Bill Payments/Cellone
All the citizen centers operate
from 8 AM to 8 PM on all working days including Sundays and holidays. Citizens
can avail any service from any of the e-Suvidha Service Centers across any
counter without any jurisdictional limit. All e-Suvidha Service centers accept
all forms forms of payments including credit cards. Selected Centers are being
equipped with electronic queuing system so as to avoid the queues at the centers
and a help desk.
1. Services being offered at 31
||Name of the
||No. of Centers
Vitran Nigam Ltd. LESA
||2. House Tax Bill
Tax/Sever Tax Bill
Development Authority (LDA)
Nigam Ltd. (BSNL)
WLL Telephone Bill
(Indian railway Caterings and tourism corporation Ltd. (IRCTC))
Reservation Ticket Tatkal Reservation Ticket
Advantage to the associated department
- Nos. of collections
centers, in the form of e-Suvidha centers, have increased and spread
throughout the city, in the vicinity of the residential areas and office
premises of the consumers, thereby attracting non willing consumers
- Their consumers data are
updated on real time basis;
- Payment mechanism has
- Interface with consumers
with their officials for billing activities have decreased.
- Department manpower
earlier engaged in billing activities can be given additional
responsibility of other activities.
- Department account has
become on-line and proper MIS report is generated.
- Infrastructure cost for
billing activities has also reduced.
- Good ambience of e-Suvidha
centers has encouraged consumers to become regular paymasters.
Advantage to Consumer with e-Suvidha
- Single window deposition
of all bills.
- Time and money (in
commutation) has reduced.
- Can deposit bills after
office hours and n National holidays and Sundays also.
- Not t stand in long
queue, deposition of bills across the counters chairs.
- Separate counter of
senior citizen and handicapped person;
- Good ambience of e-Suvidha
- Basic amenities are
available at e-Suvidha centers.
- e-Suvidha centers are
available in the vicinity of their residential areas and office
- Quick Service and Transparency of the system.
- To render public utility Service to the common citizen towards e-government on real time online transaction.
- The selected services and information of State, Central and Semi-Government Department and Agencies , Authorities , Autonomous bodies, Corporation and Board are placed on one interface of e-Suvidha
- The interface to common citizen has been provided on an efficient, reliable and integrated manner on a sustained basis through computer networking,
- To provide any service at any counter and in any in any location with Electronic queuing system spread over at strategic locations in the city.
- Public utility services FREE OF COST/LOW COST (for rly ticketing ) to common citizen.
- Real time online Single window integration and transaction of all selected Services at 2, 3,7, 8, 12 counters presently at 31 e-Suvidh Centres.
|7. Any Area -Any Center -Any Counter - All Services.
8. One - stop shop for n+
9. Centers are open on Holidays
& Sundays too on two-shift basis (8.00 AM to 8.00 PM).
10. Centers have separate Counter
for Senior Citizens and Handicapped persons.
11. Help desk facility.
12. Electronic queuing system
consisting of an automatic taken dispenser, electronic displays and controls
for efficient transaction of business at selected e-Suvidha Center's.
13. Good air-conditioned ambience
14. Accepts all forms of Money
(cash, cheque, demand draft etc.)
15. Quick Service and
Transparency of the system.
16. Centers are spread across the
city in the vicinity of the residents.
17. It has enhanced the
accountability, transparency and responsiveness to citizen's needs.
18. It has provided
cost-effective methods of service provision to the departments and agencies.
19. It has started providing
efficient and real-time MIS to the departments.
20. To enable the government
departments and agencies to focus on their core functions and
responsibilities by freeing them from the routine operations like collection
of revenues and accounting, issuing of certificates etc, and thereby enhance
the overall productivity of the administrative machinery.
21. It has achieved the project
satisfies the basic tenets of an e-Governance project like,
People-orientation, Scalability, Replicability and Cost-effectiveness in
providing the services.